Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Hugo Trippaers <hu...@trippaers.nl> on 2013/06/28 19:09:41 UTC

Jenkins and IRC

Heya,

I've added a parameterised job to jenkins that will run a complete build on any branch. You can kick it off on jenkins.cloudstack.org and enter any branch as the parameter. It will do the regular maven build with the clean and test actions. It will also generate a cobertura coverage report so you can easily see how much code your unit tests cover.

Also its possible to kick this build right from our IRC channel. For example the following command will build the vmsync branch:

!jenkins build cloudstack-build-parameterized now branch=vmsync

List the current builds using the '!jenkins cb' command.

So whenever you push a branch to apache, feel free to ask cato to build it for you.

Cheers,

Hugo

@David, remember that nginx proxy timeout setting we discussed ages ago? Would be nice to get that sorted so we can use some extra cloud power on jenkins.cloudstack.org. Any ideas on how we can get that done?

Re: Jenkins and IRC

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 05:51:55PM +0200, Hugo Trippaers wrote:
> Heya,
>
> I "fixed" it manually for now. I've connected our cloud to the
> jenkins sytem. So there will be a few slaves popping up with names
> like 'cloudstack-buildslave-centos6-xxx'. These are automagically
> created by jenkins.

*dogfood* - gotta love it!

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: Jenkins and IRC

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <hu...@trippaers.nl>.
Heya,

I "fixed" it manually for now. I've connected our cloud to the jenkins sytem. So there will be a few slaves popping up with names like 'cloudstack-buildslave-centos6-xxx'. These are automagically created by jenkins.

I've setup the cloudstack-master build to use these slaves in addition to the rpmbuilder, by setting the label expression.  If this works we can add this label to more builds.

Cheers,

Hugo

Re: Jenkins and IRC

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Re: Jenkins and IRC

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.

Re: Jenkins and IRC

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <hu...@trippaers.nl>.

Re: Jenkins and IRC

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 12:07:47PM -0400, Chip Childers wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 12:05:44PM -0400, John Burwell wrote:
> > Prasanna,
> >
> > I don't think a small namespace will deliver much value.  We are
> > responsible for maintaining the code base -- even the older code
> > that will eventually be replaced.  I would prefer to start with a
> > smaller set of rules focused on high priority issues (e.g. lack of
> > proper equals, hashCode, and toString implementations), fix them
> > across the entire codebase, and then expand the rule set.  Wash,
> > rinse, repeat until we have a complete rule set and a compliant
> > code base.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -John
>
> Same goal / different paths...  FWIW, I'm with John.  However, someone
> needs to propose the initial set of rules.

Works for me!

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: Jenkins and IRC

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Re: Jenkins and IRC

Posted by John Burwell <jb...@basho.com>.
Prasanna,

Re: Jenkins and IRC

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: Jenkins and IRC

Posted by John Burwell <jb...@basho.com>.
Prasanna,

Re: Jenkins and IRC

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.

Re: Jenkins and IRC

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 10:39 PM, Hugo Trippaers <hu...@trippaers.nl> wrote:

> Heya,
>
> I've added a parameterised job to jenkins that will run a complete build
> on any branch. You can kick it off on jenkins.cloudstack.org and enter
> any branch as the parameter. It will do the regular maven build with the
> clean and test actions. It will also generate a cobertura coverage report
> so you can easily see how much code your unit tests cover.
>
> Also its possible to kick this build right from our IRC channel. For
> example the following command will build the vmsync branch:
>
> !jenkins build cloudstack-build-parameterized now branch=vmsync
>
> List the current builds using the '!jenkins cb' command.
>
> So whenever you push a branch to apache, feel free to ask cato to build it
> for you.

w00t! awesome.