Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by "Hartman, Trevor" <th...@ebay.com> on 2015/02/04 20:28:03 UTC

upgrading jetty-server

avatica-server specifies a dependency on jetty-server 7.6.8.v20121106 (released 06-Nov-2012).

Could it be upgraded to a newer version, e.g. 9.2.7.v20150116 (released 16-Jan-2015)? I upgraded it in my local copy, made the necessary source changes, and am using it since my project already has a dependency on the newer version.

Trevor

Re: upgrading jetty-server

Posted by "Hartman, Trevor" <th...@ebay.com>.
I am embedding avatica-server in my system to serve jdbc queries. Is this not the intended use?

Trevor

Re: upgrading jetty-server

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.
Does that mean "calcite remote server" is always supposed to work as a
standalone process?

I thought it could operate as a "Public Morozov"
(http://jamesdolan.blogspot.ru/2011/05/pavlik-morozov-anti-pattern.html)
sharing the data to outside world while still serving local
connections from within JVM. At least that was depicted in the ancient
png.

I have no case for remote driver yet, so I am not inclined to any point.

If avatica-server is always standalone, then I do not understand why
outdated jetty bothers Trevor.

Vladimir

Re: upgrading jetty-server

Posted by Julian Hyde <ju...@hydromatic.net>.
Feel free to log a jira case, but in my opinion it's not a huge problem: only the avatica-server module depends on jetty, and you would probably only use that module if you are building a calcite server. If you are embedding calcite you would not use that module and so would not pull in jetty.

Re: upgrading jetty-server

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.

Re: upgrading jetty-server

Posted by Julian Hyde <ju...@hydromatic.net>.