Posted to user@struts.apache.org by georz1 <re...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/03 17:06:40 UTC

Firefox 3 and render issues

I'm using Struts 2.0.11 and it seem with Firefox 3 only there are rendering
issues on pages where I have <s:head theme="ajax">.  I can see the page load
fully and there is a quick flash of the browser and then a blank page with
FF3 stuck in a loading state.

On certain pages I have made it theme=xhtml which solves the problem but
some pages in my application have a <s:tabbedpanel> which requires the ajax
theme

Has anyone else seen this type of behavior or know of a work around?

Re: Firefox 3 and render issues

Posted by Kibo <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I have the same problem in my office on localhost domain.
I dont know to solve it, but when I deploy the project in us product server
and call the pages from normal internet adress: http://www.usserver.cz,
Pages work correct.

tomas jurman

thogau wrote:

> I noticed this problem and it seems to happen more often for <s:div> tags
> and when the network speed is high.
> I got it more than 20% when I load pages from my home but in my company,
> the network speed sucks and I can't reproduce it... weird...

-----
Tomas Jurman
Czech Republic

Re: Firefox 3 and render issues

Posted by thogau <th...@thogau.net>.

http://conticabase.org thogau

Re: Firefox 3 and render issues

Posted by georz1 <re...@gmail.com>.
I have not but I'll continue to look.  This behavior happens about 20% of the
time and when it does I get
document.write("<script type='text/java...l_omit_module_check =
false;</script>");
dojo is not defined

Posted by Ian Roughley <ia...@fdar.com>.

Posted by Carl Pritchett <ca...@gmail.com>.
This was my problem exactly - but was difficult to track down as sometimes it
occured, but other times it did't (with struts 2.0.11). The page loads - I
can see the tabs correctly for a second then it flashes to a blank page and
the loading icon spins forever.

I noticed that I was getting a "dojo not defined" error in the firefox error
console.

Looking at the 2.1.6 dojo config I believe the debugAtAllCosts is removed.

I've also noticed that certain displaytag display:table tags cause the
tabbedPanel to not render correctly in firefox and IE.

secondsun wrote:

> The "correct" way to fix this bug is to supply your own template for the
> head tag which will make the dojo attribute debugAtAllCosts respect the
> head debug flag.

Regards,
Carl

Re: Firefox 3 and render issues

Posted by secondsun <se...@gmail.com>.
I am not sure what the exact problem is, but it has to do with the way that
browser_debug.js gets processed.  One would think that this file would only
get pulled in when the head tag attribute debug=true, but one would be wrong
in that situation.

The "correct" way to fix this bug is to supply your own template for the
head tag which will make the dojo attribute debugAtAllCosts respect the head
debug flag.

To do this,

1. create a file named head.ftl in your simple templates directory.   ( ie
$classpath/template/simple/head.ftl)

2. Paste this text into it:

&lt;script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
    // Dojo configuration
    djConfig = {
        baseRelativePath: "<@s.url includeParams='none' value='/struts/dojo'
includeParams="none" encode='false'/>",
        isDebug: ${parameters.debug?default(false)},
        bindEncoding: "${parameters.encoding}",
        debugAtAllCosts: ${parameters.debug?default(false)}, // not needed,
but allows the Venkman debugger to work with the includes
    };
&lt;/script>
&lt;script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"
        src="<@s.url includeParams='none' value='/struts/dojo/dojo.js'
includeParams="none" encode='false'/>">&lt;/script>
&lt;script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"
        src="<@s.url includeParams='none'
value='/struts/simple/dojoRequire.js' includeParams="none"
encode='false'/>">&lt;/script>

3. Refresh your page, the bug should be gone as long as the struts head tag
does not have debug set to true.

Of course, you will have to turn debugging on to get firebug happy, but I
believe that that is an acceptable compromise.

Re: Firefox 3 and render issues

Posted by georz1 <re...@gmail.com>.
I've avoided some of the pitfalls of the ajax theme before by using jquery
(datetimepicker).  Only this time it's not an option..  I need to figure out
how to get the theme to work reliably with Firefox 3.  FF2 there were no
issues.

Posted by "matt.payne" <ma...@gmail.com>.