Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by rahulYadav <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/10 11:38:09 UTC

Can CXF2.2.6 consume wsdl2.0

I am using CXF2.2.6, does it support WSDL2.0? I was using Axis2 earlier it
supports wsdl2.0 i.e. wsdl2java can generate java source from wsdl2.0. We
are planning to switch from Axis2 to CXF this is query is in the same
context. Also if someone can provide suggestions on which one is better, it
will be a big help.
Thanks.

Re: Can CXF2.2.6 consume wsdl2.0

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

It does make sense to recommend SOAP users (those preferring a
contract-first approach) to use WSDL and REST/JAXRS users to deal with WADL
(especially now that some progress has been made in the wadl-first case).

The only variation which is not covered is the case where we have SOAP users
preferring to stay with SOAP but also looking for an option to experiment
with REST, and also expecting to have a single service implementation.

In this case recommending such users to deal with two different document
formats is not ideal. One innovative user has recently tried WSDL-first for
SOAP and a CXF-JAXRS specific user model to transparently 'attach' some
RESTful behavior to the generated implementation, which is kind of cool and
something I'd be interested in promoting as a viable approach. The problem
here is that the possibility of UI tools supporting the CXF JAXRS user model
is probably close to 0 at a given moment of time but the model format is
simple enough to type it manually.

If there were a real demand to support WSDL2 documents describing both SOAP
and REST bindings then perhaps a CXF subproject could be started...But given
that even the demand for WSDL2 describing SOAP only is limited at the moment
it is hard to expect the demand for WSDL2 describing both SOAP and REST
rising...

cheers, Sergey

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--