Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Srinivas Sindhey <sr...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/08 05:47:31 UTC

Closing socket connection to / address. (kafka.network.Processor)

Hi,
   Was able to setup Apache Kafka on Windows 10 and RHEL(Release 6.6
Santiago) systems and have both the Producer and Consumers up and running.
But since 2 days, I'm facing some issues with Kafka in RHEL env though the
same code is working on Windows 10.

The Zookeeper and the broker are starting without any issues but when the
producer starts there are INFO messages in the broker console as follows.

INFO Closing socket connection to /<IP> address. (kafka.network.Processor).

Due to this reason I'm not able to consume the messages using the High
Level Consumer and the Consumer Iterator always return a Empty Iterator
The producer and consumer are exact replicas from the confluence page.

However the size of the data file is increasing(under
/tmp/kafka-logs/<topic-name>-0) and can consume those messages using the
kafka-console-consumer.sh.
Not sure why the High Level Consumer is always returning a Empty Iterator.

Any pointers why this is happening

-- Thanks.