Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Erik Eldridge <el...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2009/11/13 03:19:08 UTC

Trafficserver start|stop issues

Hi,

I'm a trafficserver newb.  I've got it installed on a centos 5 vm, and am
walking through the docs, but I'm running into a couple issues that I
haven't found addressed in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS:
- running "trafficserver start" as root consistent fails, but it does create
a traffic server process, which I can see if I run "trafficserver status"
- running "trafficserver stop" as root returns "OK", but it doesn't stop the
process

Which is the best category to look under and/or file reports for issues of
this type?

Thanks,

Erik

Re: Trafficserver start|stop issues

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 11/12/2009 07:19 PM, Erik Eldridge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a trafficserver newb.  I've got it installed on a centos 5 vm, and am
> walking through the docs, but I'm running into a couple issues that I
> haven't found addressed in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS:
> - running "trafficserver start" as root consistent fails, but it does create
> a traffic server process, which I can see if I run "trafficserver status"
> - running "trafficserver stop" as root returns "OK", but it doesn't stop the
> process

Yeah, there are known problems with the startup scripts :/. For example:

     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-1
     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-6
     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-15

If neither of these covers your problems, please file new ticket(s).
Also fee free to comment on existing tickets with the problems. Rest
assure, we are aware that the startup process is not working, for now,
just run "traffic_server" from command line :).

Cheers!

-- leif