Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/16 11:25:33 UTC

uima-addons source release configuration

Hi all,
I'm working on creating a new assembly descriptor for the source release
with the proposed idea of using two separate modulesets, one for
aggregate-addons and one for addons-osgi-runtime.
However so far I didn't manage to find a proper assembly configuration to
make sure the source release package look like the SVN tag and can be built
once unzipped.
Explicitly declaring one fileset per module with proper outputDirectory will
work for sure but I wonder if you can help me find a smarter way.
Thanks in advance,
Tommaso

Re: uima-addons source release configuration

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I created a src.xml assembly descriptor in
uima-addons/src/main/assembly then added this piece to uima-addons POM so
that I can also see differences between default assembly result and the one
generated with src.xml:

<pluginManagement>
      <plugins>
        <plugin>
          <version>2.2</version>
          <executions>
            <execution>
              <id>source-release-assembly</id>
              <configuration>
                <descriptors>
                  <descriptor>src/main/assembly/src.xml</descriptor>
                </descriptors>
              </configuration>
            </execution>
          </executions>
        </plugin>
      </plugins>
    </pluginManagement>

The first moduleSet I setup is

<moduleSet>
      <includes>
        <include>org.apache.uima:AlchemyAPIAnnotator</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:BSFAnnotator</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:ConceptMapper</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:ConfigurableFeatureExtractor</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:DictionaryAnnotator</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:FsVariables</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:Lucas</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:OpenCalaisAnnotator</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:PearPackagingAntTask</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:RegularExpressionAnnotator</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:SimpleServer</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:SnowballAnnotator</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:Solrcas</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:Tagger</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:TikaAnnotator</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:WhitespaceTokenizer</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:aggregate-addons</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:addons-osgi-runtime</include>
      </includes>

which includes all the artifacts in top level directory.
THe problem is with the -osgi artifacts moduleSet:

<moduleSet>
      <includes>
        <include>org.apache.uima:AlchemyAPIAnnotator-osgi</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:BSFAnnotator-osgi</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:ConceptMapper-osgi</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:ConfigurableFeatureExtractor-osgi</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:DictionaryAnnotator-osgi</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:Lucas-osgi</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:OpenCalaisAnnotator-osgi</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:RegularExpressionAnnotator-osgi</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:SnowballAnnotator-osgi</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:Solrcas-osgi</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:Tagger-osgi</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:TikaAnnotator-osgi</include>
        <include>org.apache.uima:WhitespaceTokenizer-osgi</include>
      </includes>
      <sources>

the problem is that with outputDirectory it seems one can only specify a
module relative path, so for example with:

 <outputDirectory>addons-osgi-runtime</outputDirectory>

the source package will contain a directory
AlchemyAPIAnnotator-osgi/addons-osgi-runtime/ containing pom and notice of
AlchemyAPIAnnotator-osgi.
With the <directory></directory> element one can specify which directory of
a module maintain in the output package.

I also tried to manipulate existing examples from [1] but so far the only
way of having a working source package was by explicitly declaring each
module fileset.
Tommaso

[1] :
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/advanced-module-set-topics.html

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
I've made the basic steps to move the addons/trunk/aggregate-addons/pom.xml
to addons/trunk/pom.xml , now I think we should move the uima-addons/pom.xml
(the distr artifact) configuration inside an apache-release in the top level
pom.xml, also the src/main/assembly directory will need to be moved from
addons/trunk/uima-addons to addons/trunk/.
Regards,
Tommaso

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
+1 from me to try this :-)