Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Guofeng Zhang <gu...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/08 02:01:23 UTC

ATS distribution/Docker image for last version

Hi,

It takes days a lot but still has not any result satisfied by me.

After googled a lot, I do not find RPM/DEB package for TS 8.x and I decide
to build it from source as a docker image for easy distribution, but the
built images is too large more than 400M.

I think there must be someone has done it. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Guofeng

Re: ATS distribution/Docker image for last version

Posted by Jason Giedymin <ja...@gmail.com>.
Very old, had done this independently of any build system.

https://github.com/JasonGiedymin/ats-docker

If desired I can pick back up with an entirely new version with centos/fedora/debian support. Can possibly do alpine as well - have a few hacks ;-)

This would be based on my working private image of ATS.

Sorry for not contributing back, life took priority for a bit.

-Jason

Posted by Eric Chaves <er...@uolet.com>.

Posted by jean Baptiste FAVRE <we...@jbfavre.org>.
Hello,
I'm a bit surprised you didn't find any DEB package on the web, since
trafficserver 8.0.3 (latest stable) is available in Debian unstable.
Current testing (future stable, since freeze already took place)
provides "only" 8.0.2.
Right after next Debian release, I plan to backport latest trafficserver
version for it.

Cheers,
Jean Baptiste

Re: [EXTERNAL] ATS distribution/Docker image for last version