Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Duncan, Sean" <Se...@Summit.Fiserv.com> on 2005/01/20 20:22:06 UTC

RE: shared/lib driving me crazy! RE: shared/lib seems to be ignor ed

Eureka! I finally found the fix!  For some reason our context fragment had
the priviliged attribute set to true.  Setting this to false makes
everything work as expected.  It is a little confusing given the purpose of
this attribute.  My guess is that priviliged contexts have added security
restrictions that probably would have necessitated modifying catalina.policy
(just a shot).  If anyone of the extreme gurus on this list has more insight
into this weird behavior I would love to hear it.  As far as my immediate
requirements go my apps do not need access to container servlets so setting
priviliged to false works fine.

-Sean