Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ju...@sjpower.f2s.com on 2008/04/08 11:59:32 UTC

Parameterized File Uploads via JMeter Script?

I have a Jmeter test script which was generated using the Jmeter proxy server
and which captured a sequence of actions on a web-fronted database application.

The sequence includes loging in as a user and uploading a file to the database.
I'd like to parameterize the process to simulate say 20 users each uploading
different files. I understand that I can use the "users.xml" file to
parameterize user logon but how can I parameterize the uploading of a specific
file for each user?

Grateful for any help.

Many thanks,
Steve

Re: Parameterized File Uploads via JMeter Script?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 08/04/2008, junk@sjpower.f2s.com <ju...@sjpower.f2s.com> wrote:
> I have a Jmeter test script which was generated using the Jmeter proxy server
>  and which captured a sequence of actions on a web-fronted database application.
>
>  The sequence includes loging in as a user and uploading a file to the database.
>  I'd like to parameterize the process to simulate say 20 users each uploading
>  different files. I understand that I can use the "users.xml" file to
>  parameterize user logon but how can I parameterize the uploading of a specific
>  file for each user?
>
>  Grateful for any help.

users.xml is deprecated and should not be used.

Read the variables using:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#CSV_Data_Set_Config

Then reference them as ${VARNAME} in the appropriate fields.