Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Stefan Zoerner <sz...@apache.org> on 2006/02/25 09:19:35 UTC

Docs (was Re: [ApacheDS] It's done 1.0-RC1 has been signed and released)

Ole Ersoy wrote:

> Incidentally, I could not help but notice that we
> think we need documentation.
>
> I'll be glad to throw together some apt files and help
> with this.  Is there a prioritized list of documents
> that we need and is there a "formal" process for doing
> this?

Ole, this sounds great! Although the "official" docs are probably more
important now, you might like to look at a skeleton for a tutorial as well.
http://docs.safehaus.org/display/APACHEDS/The+Apache+Directory+Tutorial

Mostly a structure at first, but some parts are already suitable for
viewing, e.g.
http://docs.safehaus.org/display/APACHEDS/Connecting+to+Apache+Directory+Server
http://docs.safehaus.org/display/APACHEDS/Integrate+the+directory+in+Thunderbird

I started it in Oct/Nov 2005, unfortunately I currently have not enough
time to add more content (I write a book until end of march), but
perhaps at least some ideas/content are interesting for you. Later on
(April+), we may  continue this effort, which is targeted to newbies
with few LDAP skills, later on.

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan

Re: Docs (was Re: [ApacheDS] It's done 1.0-RC1 has been signed and released)

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
We changed our distribution directory structure today so you will be able to
access them again from mirrors within a couple days.

HTH,
Trustin

http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6

Re: Docs (was Re: [ApacheDS] It's done 1.0-RC1 has been signed and released)

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com>.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Docs (was Re: [ApacheDS] It's done 1.0-RC1 has been signed and released)

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.