Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Josh Tynjala <jo...@bowlerhat.dev> on 2021/09/10 17:01:24 UTC

Running Adobe Flex 2 on OpenFL and JS

Hey community,

I just wanted to share a little proof-of-concept demo involving Flex that I
put together the other day.  thought that there might be some folks around
here who would be interested. I was able to compile a simple "Hello World"
app made with Adobe Flex 2 (really, the version from 2006!) using the
Apache Royale AS3 to JS compiler, with Flex ultimately running on OpenFL in
JS instead of Flash Player.

Then, I made it work with Flex 3 too (the original MPL open source
release), so I could put the source code up on Github.

Flex 3 demo:

https://joshblog.net/projects/openfl-flex3/

Github repo:

https://github.com/joshtynjala/openfl-adobe-flex-poc