Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi> on 2007/07/27 06:59:13 UTC

Re: [Wicket-user] Removing Markup Component (From HTML) using Java

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Durai007 wrote:
> no. In wicket html page, if i draw ordinary html textbox <input type="text"
> name="text
> box">, we have no need to mention in java file.
>
> Initial page loading, I want to hide the above mentioned html text box.

Then you just do it with HTLM or CSS or Javascript and it
doesn't really concern wicket.

Note that doing that, you can only hide it (and it will
normally still be visible in page source), whereas Wicket
visibility controls whether any HTML is produced in the
response at all.

Best wishes,
Timo

--
Timo Rantalaiho
Reaktor Innovations Oy    <URL: http://www.ri.fi/ >

Re: [Wicket-user] Removing Markup Component (From HTML) using Java

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 7/27/07, Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi> wrote:
> Note that doing that, you can only hide it (and it will
> normally still be visible in page source), whereas Wicket
> visibility controls whether any HTML is produced in the
> response at all.

Or you could remove it from the DOM, but then you don't have a way to
add it again... added to that, removing it from the DOM does only work
with javascript enabled...

Martijn

--
Wicket joins the Apache Software Foundation as Apache Wicket
Apache Wicket 1.3.0-beta2 is released