Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> on 2011/05/01 12:38:48 UTC

[release process] zip and tar.gz included in maven repo?

Hi all guys,
while copying maven artifacts as described in the wiki page[1] using
the command below, I noticed .zip and .tar.gz artifacts are included
:/
Is this right? I wouldn't say 'no' but maybe I missed something.
Moreover, the command doesn't work with M3 because the missing
wagon-ssh extension.
Do you have any suggestion to complete correctly the release process?
Thanks in advance!
Simo

mvn stage:copy -Dsource="http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/discovery/0.5/RC2/staged/"
\
  -Dtarget="scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository"
\
  -DtargetRepositoryId=apache.releases \
  -Dversion=0.5

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/commons/CreatingReleases (see E.2 Copy
Artifacts from Staging)

http://www.99soft.org/

Re: [release process] zip and tar.gz included in maven repo?

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Simone Tripodi
<si...@apache.org> wrote:

> I just realized that maybe artifacts produced by the assembly plugin
> should not be attached[1], WDYT?

In contrary, they should, to make use of all the Maven plugins for signing etc.

--
I Am What I Am And That's All What I Yam (Popeye)

Re: [release process] zip and tar.gz included in maven repo?

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 5/1/11 6:55 AM, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Yes it is :( Problem is that for discovery-0.5, zip and tar.gz have
> been copied to be sync'ed to central repo :'(
> does someone have an idea how to remove them?
> Thanks in advance,
> Simo

I assume they have been *copied* not moved, right?  So there is no
risk in deleting them?

In that case, you can just ssh to p.a.o and then delete the files
manually from
/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/commons-discovery/commons-discovery/0.5/

Let me know if you have problems and I will to this.  I didn't want
to do the deletes myself until you confirmed that what you / the
plugin did was a copy so you still have the originals to move to
dist/ somewhere.

Phil

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
shall I have to open an Issue so it does?

http://www.99soft.org/

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
I don't think (bin|src)-(.zip|.tar.gz) should be part of Maven
artifacts on central repo, having them on the distribution servers is
enough

http://www.99soft.org/

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 5/1/11 7:58 AM, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Moreover, after 4 hours the central has not been synched yet... are
> you aware of any issue?

It often takes quite a while, but it looks like commons-discovery
may not have yet been synched from m2-ibiblio-rsych, so you may need
to send a request to repository@ to get it set up for rsynch.  I
would wait a few more hours and then do that.

Phil

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 5/1/11 9:18 AM, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Thanks *a lot* Phil for your kind help.
> I just executed the commands you suggested me, and dopped *tar.gz*
> *zip* files, original are still on staged[1] repository
> Looking forward to see Discovery synched!!!
> Have a nice day,
> Simo
>
> [1] http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/discovery/0.5/RC2/staged/commons-discovery/commons-discovery/0.5/

> http://www.99soft.org/

Great.  Files and perms look good.  If the synch still have not
happened in a few more hours, ping repository@

Phil

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi again,
I just realized that maybe artifacts produced by the assembly plugin
should not be attached[1], WDYT?
Simo

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/single-mojo.html#attach

http://www.99soft.org/