Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by alex <al...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/07 14:39:54 UTC

Re: baseline/configuration sub-tree as frozen-node rep:version references?

Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 10:32 PM, rosselet <ati.rosselet <at> gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Is there currently any way to get this as a "sub-tree", or can I at least
> > assume that the sub-tree was walked breadth-first? (are parents ensured to
> > always appear in this multivalue list before children?)
>
> The set of version references in a baseline isn't supposed to contain
> any structural information. The only thing a baseline does is to
> record the current version of all versionable nodes within a
> configuration (typically a subtree).
>
> Note that a configuration/baseline is not enough to reconstruct a
> given subtree from scratch. Restoring a recorded baseline requires
> that the subtree already exists with all the relevant versionable
> nodes in place, and restoring the baseline just restores each of those
> versionable nodes to the versions recorded in the baseline.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Hi,

I tried to create a baseline, but it failed, because one of the child node is
not versionable (its OPV is COPY).

Is this the correct behaviour ? I cannot find anything in the specification
that required that all nodes in the subgraph must be versionable.

Regards,

Alexandre Maurel