Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Jasha Joachimsthal <j....@onehippo.com> on 2011/08/28 11:33:51 UTC

Exending Rave: sandbox & documentation

One of the (main) goals of Rave is to create an extendible platform. In the
past few months we've implemented already quite some features. The first
extensions / customisations are created in the sandbox which prove it's
possible to extend the basic feature. IMO it would be good to also add (some
of) the extensions as "how to's" to the documentation focused on the minimal
adjustments it takes to add this feature to your own Rave project. One of
the first "howto's" should be "how to start your custom Rave project".

If we don't document the extensions, users (developers) either have to merge
a few sandbox projects to get their own "menu" of customisations or they
have to find their way to one large sandbox project and find out which parts
are actually responsible for the extended feature they want.

Jasha Joachimsthal

Europe - Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam - +31(0)20 522 4466
US - Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142 - +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)

www.onehippo.com

Re: Exending Rave: sandbox & documentation

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <j....@onehippo.com>.
On 28 August 2011 17:58, Raminderjeet Singh <ra...@gmail.com>wrote:

> +1 for documenting the extensions to help the developer to use Rave.
> That would be good for people who are new to spring framework also.
>
> Can we create a place holder on Rave website to document this?
>
> Thanks
> Raminder

What about http://incubator.apache.org/rave/documentation/index.html ?

Jasha

Re: Exending Rave: sandbox & documentation

Posted by Marlon Pierce <mp...@cs.indiana.edu>.