Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Lee Cook <le...@us.ibm.com> on 2003/08/01 16:37:58 UTC

global not working

Hi.
      Im brand new to this mailing list and appreciate being a member.
I am having trouble with getting a fault flow to work on Axis 1.1/IBM
ETTK1.0 and need some assistance.
I have a global handler that I need to get a callback from any service
thrown exception (Java service).
When my test service throws an excpetion my global handler never gets a
callback to its onFault() method either.
It appears that <faultFlow> is enabled in Axis 1.1 src, but Im having no
luck at all getting it to  work.

here is my wsdd config.  I need to detect all 3 operation types in a single
MYHandler class.

 <globalConfiguration>
  <requestFlow>
   <handler type="myHandlerEnter"/>
  </requestFlow>
  <responseFlow>
   <handler type="myHandlerLeave"/>
  </responseFlow>
  <faultFlow>
   <handler type="myHandlerFault"/>
  </faultFlow>
 </globalConfiguration>

<handler name="myHandlerEnter" type="java:MyHandler">
    <parameter name="event_type" value="Server_Enter"/>
<handler name="myHandlerLeave" type="java:MyHandler">
  <parameter name="event_type" value="Server_Leave"/>
 </handler>
 <handler name="myHandlerFault" type="java:MyHandler">
  <parameter name="event_type" value="Server_Fault"/>
 </handler>

R Lee Cook
   IBM WebAnalyticsDevelopment
    Intranet:     Lee Cook/Raleigh/IBM
    Internet:  leecook@us.ibm.com
    Phone: 919-224-1488  TL: 8-687-1488
   "Chance favors the prepared mind"

Re: global not working

Posted by Chris Haddad <ha...@apache.org>.
Lee -

one workaround is to declare a global request handler that is the first
handler executed.  the actual request handler can be a NOOP.

all faults will be caught by the handler.

/Chris