Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Ivan Daschinsky <iv...@apache.org> on 2022/11/07 13:37:51 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Release pyignite-0.6.0

Hi, Igniters!

I suppose it is time to release pyignite 0.6.0, since we have released our
previous release more than a year ago.

Firstly, python 3.6 reached its EOL, the brand new python, 3.11, was just
released. So it is a good idea to build new wheels targeting the new
versions.

Also, there are few new features, namely support of timeouts in asyncio
client for cache operations. This patch also fixes one tiny but annoying
bug in asyncio client [1]

Full list of tickets for release is here [2]

Actually, I have tested a new approach for testing and building artifacts
-- Github Actions, nowadays it is a preferred approach in the ASF.

I think that code freeze will be at 15:00 UTC 11/11. And on monday, 11/14 I
will publish a release candidate for voting.

WDYT?

[1] -- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-18006
[2] --
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20IGNITE%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20python-0.6.0

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Release pyignite-0.6.0

Posted by Ivan Daschinsky <iv...@gmail.com>.
Actually, I've arleady created release branch, release notes. I suppose
that tomorrow I will start a voting process. Is there any objection?

--
Sincerely yours, Ivan Daschinskiy

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Release pyignite-0.6.0

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org>.