Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by jean paul <re...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/18 18:47:19 UTC

All nodes hosting replicas down

Hi,

Please, if we choose a replication factor =2 (simple strategy), so, we have
two replicas of data on the ring.

What happen in the case of all nodes containing replicas are down ?

Thank you so much for help.

Kind regards.

Re: All nodes hosting replicas down

Posted by Ben Slater <be...@instaclustr.com>.
And I’m not aware of any case where it’s a good idea to use SimpleStrategy
in Prod (be interested to hear if anyone else knows of one).
NetworkTopologyStrategy behaves the same as SimpleStrategy in the basic
case of one DC and Rack but gives you a good path to migrate to more
sophisticated topologies in the future. If you run on SimpleStrategy then
any future migration to NetworkTopologyStrategy will be painful.

Cheers
Ben

Posted by Benjamin Roth <be...@jaumo.com>.

--
Benjamin Roth
Prokurist

Jaumo GmbH · www.jaumo.com
Wehrstraße 46 · 73035 Göppingen · Germany
Phone +49 7161 304880-6 · Fax +49 7161 304880-1

Posted by jean paul <re...@gmail.com>.
Thank you so much for answer.

Posted by Matija Gobec <ma...@gmail.com>.