Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Stijn de Witt <St...@bergland-it.nl> on 2004/06/04 14:10:33 UTC

Problem compiling jetspeed-1.5 using Maven

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest Jetspeed release, 1.5, and tried to compile it
using Maven.
Initially everything seems to work just fine, but halfway through, one of
the tests seems to 'hang'.
Here is my Maven output.

P.S. I have only added one line in project.properties:
maven.repo.local = c:/bit/dev/maven/repository

With kind regards,
-Stijn

-----
 __  __
|  \/  |__ _Apache__ ___
| |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \  ~ intelligent projects ~
|_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.0-rc3

Tag library requested that is not present: 'maven' in plugin: 'null'
Tag library requested that is not present: 'maven' in plugin: 'null'
build:start:

war:init:

java:prepare-filesystem:

java:compile:
prepare.apis:
    [echo] Generating Jetspeed XML bindings
    [java] -- Suppressing non fatal warnings.

torque:init:

torque:om-check:

torque:om:
    [echo] Schema files have not changed since last generation.

    [echo] Compiling to
C:\bit\dev\project\bergland-portal\jetspeed/target/classes
    [javac] Compiling 16 source files to
C:\bit\dev\project\bergland-portal\jetspeed\target\classes
    [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.

java:jar-resources:
    [copy] Copying 13 files to
C:\bit\dev\project\bergland-portal\jetspeed\target\classes\org\apache
\jetspeed\modules\localization

test:prepare-filesystem:

test:test-resources:

test:compile:

test:test:
    [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.cache.TestFileCache
    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 11,922 sec
    [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.capability.TestCapabilityMap
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=torque
class=org.apache.torque.Torque config=webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Torque.properties
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=fulcrum
class=org.apache.fulcrum.Fulcrum
config=webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Fulcrum.properties
    [junit] INFO - Finished initializing all services!
    [junit] Tests run: 4, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0,188 sec
    [junit] Running
org.apache.jetspeed.services.customlocalization.TestLocalization
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=torque
class=org.apache.torque.Torque config=webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Torque.properties
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=fulcrum
class=org.apache.fulcrum.Fulcrum
config=webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Fulcrum.properties
    [junit] INFO - Finished initializing all services!
    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 3,797 sec
    [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.services.forward.TestForwardService
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=torque
class=org.apache.torque.Torque config=webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Torque.properties
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=fulcrum
class=org.apache.fulcrum.Fulcrum
config=webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Fulcrum.properties
    [junit] INFO - Finished initializing all services!
    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 3,766 sec
    [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.services.idgenerator.TestIdGenerator
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=torque
class=org.apache.torque.Torque config=webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Torque.properties
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=fulcrum
class=org.apache.fulcrum.Fulcrum
config=webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Fulcrum.properties
    [junit] INFO - Finished initializing all services!
    [junit] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0,25 sec
    [junit] Running
org.apache.jetspeed.services.portaltoolkit.TestSkinAggregation
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=torque
class=org.apache.torque.Torque config=webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Torque.properties
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=fulcrum
class=org.apache.fulcrum.Fulcrum
config=webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Fulcrum.properties
    [junit] INFO - Finished initializing all services!
    [junit] Tests run: 6, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 8,313 sec
    [junit] Running
org.apache.jetspeed.services.portletcache.TestTurbineCache
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=torque
class=org.apache.torque.Torque config=webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Torque.properties
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=fulcrum
class=org.apache.fulcrum.Fulcrum
config=webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Fulcrum.properties
    [junit] INFO - Finished initializing all services!
    [junit] Tests run: 7, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 205,063 sec
    [junit] Running
org.apache.jetspeed.services.profiler.TestProfilerService
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=torque
class=org.apache.torque.Torque config=webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Torque.properties
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=fulcrum
class=org.apache.fulcrum.Fulcrum
config=webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Fulcrum.properties
    [junit] INFO - Finished initializing all services!
    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 3,969 sec
    [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.services.psmlmanager.TestDbCriteria
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=torque
class=org.apache.torque.Torque config=webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Torque.properties
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=fulcrum
class=org.apache.fulcrum.Fulcrum
config=webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Fulcrum.properties
    [junit] INFO - Finished initializing all services!
    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 3,422 sec
    [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.services.psmlmanager.TestMarshalPsml
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=torque
class=org.apache.torque.Torque config=webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Torque.properties
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=fulcrum
class=org.apache.fulcrum.Fulcrum
config=webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Fulcrum.properties
    [junit] INFO - Finished initializing all services!
    [junit] Tests run: 6, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 4,125 sec
    [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.services.registry.TestCastor
    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 1,25 sec
    [junit] Running
org.apache.jetspeed.services.registry.TestMarshallRegistry
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=torque
class=org.apache.torque.Torque config=webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Torque.properties
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=fulcrum
class=org.apache.fulcrum.Fulcrum
config=webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Fulcrum.properties
    [junit] INFO - Finished initializing all services!
    [junit] Tests run: 4, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0,343 sec
    [junit] Running
org.apache.jetspeed.services.registry.TestRegistryPersistence
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=torque
class=org.apache.torque.Torque config=webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Torque.properties
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=fulcrum
class=org.apache.fulcrum.Fulcrum
config=webapp\WEB-INF\conf\Fulcrum.properties
    [junit] INFO - Finished initializing all services!
    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0,047 sec
    [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.services.search.TestSearch

Re: Problem compiling jetspeed-1.5 using Maven

Posted by Stijn de Witt <St...@bergland-it.nl>.
Thanks Raphael!
That saved me a lot of digging around. For now I will remove the one test
case (I like to work with release versions). Can you give me a pointer on
how to go about it? I am very new to Maven, in fact I only installed it
because I needed it to build Jetspeed. However, first impressions are good.
Thanks for your help!

-Stijn

Posted by Raphael Luta <ra...@apache.org>.
Stijn de Witt wrote:

>Looking ap project.xml I can't really see how to remove (or even identify)
>the test case that fails. Have I misinterpreted your message and should I
>remove all tests?

Simply add a new exclude in the <unitTests><excludes> section:
<exclude>org/apache/jetspeed/services/search/TestSearch.java</exclude>

Re: Problem compiling jetspeed-1.5 using Maven

Posted by Stijn de Witt <St...@bergland-it.nl>.
Looking ap project.xml I can't really see how to remove (or even identify)
the test case that fails. Have I misinterpreted your message and should I
remove all tests?

-Stijn

-----
<unitTest>
   <excludes>

<exclude>org/apache/jetspeed/services/registry/TestRegistryCategories.java</
exclude>

<exclude>org/apache/jetspeed/modules/actions/TestJLoginUser.java</exclude>

<exclude>org/apache/jetspeed/services/security/turbine/TestAccessController.
java</exclude>
    <exclude>org/apache/jetspeed/test/TestBasicSanity.java</exclude>
    <exclude>org/apache/jetspeed/test/TestBasicSanity.java</exclude>
    <exclude>org/apache/jetspeed/test/TestBasicSecurity.java</exclude>
    <exclude>org/apache/jetspeed/util/rewriter/TestRewriter.java</exclude>

<exclude>org/apache/jetspeed/util/template/TestJetspeedLink.java</exclude>
    <exclude>org/apache/jetspeed/util/TestMimeType.java</exclude>
   </excludes>
   <includes>
    <include>**/Test*.java</include>
   </includes>
   <resources>
    <resource>
     <directory>${basedir}/src/java</directory>
     <excludes>
      <exclude>**/*.java</exclude>
     </excludes>
     <includes>

<include>org/apache/jetspeed/modules/localization/JetspeedLocalization_*.pro
perties</include>
     </includes>
    </resource>
    <resource>
     <directory>${basedir}/src/test</directory>
     <excludes>
      <exclude>**/*.java</exclude>
     </excludes>
    </resource>