Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by "Krankurs, Leonid" <lk...@ford.com> on 2006/10/26 16:10:20 UTC

AXIS2c, memory leak

Hi,

Could somebody help in fixing memory leak?

please look at memory deallocation in the part of deallocation memory of
namespaces of an element
( namespace  hash table deallocation?)

i have memory leak in axis2c 0.94, when attempt to free node  for elemets
with namespace(s)

looks like

that

1. AXIOM_NODE_FREE_TREE(node, env)

does not deallocate all memory of tree in the case there are elements that
created with with namespace(s)

Thank you,
Leonid

Re: AXIS2c, memory leak

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Krankurs, Leonid wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could somebody help in fixing memory leak?
>
> please look at memory deallocation in the part of deallocation memory of
> namespaces of an element
> ( namespace  hash table deallocation?)
>
> i have memory leak in axis2c 0.94, when attempt to free node  for elemets
> with namespace(s)
>
> looks like
>
> that
>
> 1. AXIOM_NODE_FREE_TREE(node, env)
>
> does not deallocate all memory of tree in the case there are elements that
> created with with namespace(s)

You are correct, there seem to be a memory leak related to namespace.
The problem basically is to know the owner of the namespace in the tree.
If you keep track of the namespaces that you create and free them that
would solve the problem.
However that is not the right way to do that, we got to implement that
logic, to track the namespace ownership in the om tree.

Samisa...