Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Vaijanath N. Rao" <va...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/07 13:18:41 UTC

Batch and Incremental mode of indexing

Hi Solr-Users,

I am not sure but does there exist any mechanism where-in we can specify
solr as Batch and incremental indexing.
What I mean by batch indexing is solr would delete all the records which
existed in the index and will create an new index form the given data.
For incremental I want solr to just do the operation ( add/delete/... ).

This is how we currently do batch-indexing, issue an command to solr
delete q=*:* commit and than start the indexing.
For incremental operation we just take the data and the operation specified.

Kindly let me know if there exist a smarter way to get this working.

--Thanks and Regards
Vaijanath

Re: Batch and Incremental mode of indexing

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 5:48 PM, Vaijanath N. Rao <va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Solr-Users,
>
> I am not sure but does there exist any mechanism where-in we can specify
> solr as Batch and incremental indexing.
> What I mean by batch indexing is solr would delete all the records which
> existed in the index and will create an new index form the given data.
yep. You can do a delete *:* and start indexing and commit at the end

--
--Noble Paul

Re: Batch and Incremental mode of indexing

Posted by Jérôme Etévé <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
 For batch indexing, what you could do is to use two core. One in
production and one used for your update.

Once your update core is build (delete *:* plus batch insert) , you
can swap the cores to put it in production:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin#head-928b872300f1b66748c85cebb12a59bb574e501b

Cheers,

--
Jerome Eteve.