Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by Ryan Blue <bl...@apache.org> on 2020/04/30 01:29:11 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 0.8.0-incubating RC2

Hi everyone,

I propose the following candidate to be released as the official Apache
Iceberg 0.8.0-incubating release.

The commit id is 8c05a2f5f1c8b111c049d43cf15cd8a51920dda1
* This corresponds to the tag: apache-iceberg-0.8.0-incubating-rc2
*
https://github.com/apache/incubator-iceberg/commits/apache-iceberg-0.8.0-incubating-rc2
* https://github.com/apache/incubator-iceberg/tree/8c05a2f5

The release tarball, signature, and checksums are here:
*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/iceberg/apache-iceberg-0.8.0-incubating-rc2/

You can find the KEYS file here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/iceberg/KEYS

Convenience binary artifacts are staged in Nexus. The Maven repository URL
is:
* https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheiceberg-1006/

This release contains many bug fixes and several new features:
* Actions to remove orphaned files and to optimize metadata for query
performance
* Support for ORC data files
* Snapshot cherry-picking
* Incremental scan planning based on table history
* In and notIn expressions
* An InputFormat for writing MR jobs

Please download, verify, and test.

Please vote in the next 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Iceberg 0.8.0-incubating
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this because...

--
Ryan Blue

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 0.8.0-incubating RC2

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Ran through steps 1-7, completed successfully.

I also updated Nessie to pull from the staging maven repository and ran the
Nessie test suite and it completed successfully with the staged 0.10.0
artifacts.

--
Jacques Nadeau
CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Carl Steinbach <cw...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by RD <rd...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
+1 (binding)

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 0.8.0-incubating RC2

Posted by Gautam <ga...@gmail.com>.
Ran checks on

Posted by Samarth Jain <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by John Zhuge <jz...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

--
John Zhuge

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 0.8.0-incubating RC2

Posted by Owen O'Malley <ow...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.
+1.