Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "KARR, DAVID" <dk...@att.com> on 2016/10/05 15:14:04 UTC

Reference to a version "3.0.1" in metrics doc, and classloader leaks

I noticed on http://camel.apache.org/metrics-component.html the following text:
----------------
MetricRegistry uses internal thread(s) for reporting. There is no public API in version 3.0.1 for users to clean up on exit. Thus using Camel Metrics Component leads to Java classloader leak and my cause OutOfMemoryErrors in some cases.
----------------

I could use some clarification of this.

First, I'm not aware of any "3.0.1" release of Camel.  I assume this is a typo?  What version should this be referring to?

Second, can anyone describe in more detail how the lack of a cleanup process on exit could lead to leaks of any kind?

RE: Reference to a version "3.0.1" in metrics doc, and classloader leaks

Posted by "KARR, DAVID" <dk...@att.com>.

In fact, I see that there's no mention anywhere on this page that this is integrating the DropWizard Metrics package.  I see it mentioned in examples in the codebase, but the docs really should clarify this.

RE: Reference to a version "3.0.1" in metrics doc, and classloader leaks

Posted by "KARR, DAVID" <dk...@att.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Thanks I added the word dropwizard to the version

--
Claus Ibsen

Re: Reference to a version "3.0.1" in metrics doc, and classloader leaks

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
You can have leaks if you do re-deployment in the same JVM like an app server.

You are also welcome to check newer version of DropWizard what APIs it
may have or if there is some auto-cleanup or something.