Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael <mi...@idtect.com> on 2002/09/02 16:02:33 UTC

RE : [Tiles] - Definition inheritence question

I have found a way to do this using an "intermediate" definition:

  <definition name="plant_status_page"
              extends="default_layout"

    <put name="body" value="plant_status_body"/>
  </definition>

  <definition name="plant_status_body"
              extends="default_layout"
              path="/jsp/status/plant_status_body.jsp">
  </definition>

Plant_status_body.jsp:

  <!-- Header Page Information -->
  <tiles:insert definition="plant_list" />
  <HR>
  <tiles:insert definition="subsystem_list"/>

Therefore requesting plant_status_page gives me the page I want.  If I
request plant_status_body directly, I don't get the nested behavior that
I'm looking for (my page is missing the header & footer).  I'm not sure
this is the cleanest approach, because there seems to be an extra
definition (plant_status_page), but at the same time I'm not sure if
there's a way to avoid it.  Is there another way??

Michael