Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <gg...@seagullsw.com> on 2003/11/13 19:48:38 UTC

[general] Zip file proxy?

Hello,

Does anyone know of a doo-dad in Commons or somewhere that would allow me to
use a .zip file (and other compressed format) as java.io.File /directory/.
What I have found so far (can't recall now) only works if your code uses a
whole framework of proxies/wrappers. Ideally, such a subclass of File should
let me traverse the archive just as if it were a directory on disk, which
would allow my current pile of File-based code to work as is.

Thanks,
Gary