Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Marc Logemann <ma...@logemann.org> on 2004/09/25 11:34:28 UTC

unsupported Hostname on "svn import"

Hi,

after some struggling mentioned here before, i compiled Subversion from
source on my suse 8.1 system. I used RC4 for that. Everything seemed to
be ok, so after configure, make, make install, i got the binaries and
did the quick start as described in the ORA book.

Creating the repos. was no problem, but when trying to import the
example project as advertised in the book, i get:

p15139033:~/test # svn import /root/test/project
file://usr/local/subroot/testrep -m "initial import"

svn: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
svn: Local URL 'file://usr/local/subroot/testrep' contains unsupported
hostname

I did a "svn --version" before and got the listing of all the important
modules. Also ra_local.

I double checked paths, but these are ok. I am doing everything as root,
so i dont think any rights problems occur.

Thanks for help.

--
regards
Marc Logemann

Re: unsupported Hostname on "svn import"

Posted by Jim Correia <ji...@pobox.com>.
On Sep 25, 2004, at 7:46 AM, Marc Logemann wrote:

> Replying to yourself is allways lame in maillists, because it seems
> that you didnt work hard enough before posting.
>
> The point is, it must be file:///usr/local/subroot/testrep
> I just left out one slash after file.
>
> In a world where 99,9% of URL schemes are HTTP, its hard to type three
> slashes ;-)

So just type 2, and provide a hostname :-)

file://localhost/usr/local/subroot/testrep

Jim

Re: unsupported Hostname on "svn import"

Posted by Marc Logemann <ma...@logemann.org>.
Replying to yourself is allways lame in maillists, because it seems that
you didnt work hard enough before posting.

The point is, it must be file:///usr/local/subroot/testrep
I just left out one slash after file.

In a world where 99,9% of URL schemes are HTTP, its hard to type three
slashes ;-)

Sorry for posts.

--
regards