Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Helena Edelson <he...@greenjaguar.com> on 2005/12/09 17:22:41 UTC

workaround for && in xdocs/*

this workaround works for links with "&" in the URL when the link is in
xdocs/
here is an example of one I used:
http://www.tranexp.com:2000/InterTran?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.summitjournal.com&#38;type=text&#38;text=&#38;from=eng&#38;to=fin
both in site.xml and in xdocs/translate.xml type content files.

I am not sure why it won't work for your dev but I am using F7 not F8

If this helps anyone I also successfully used:
    &#38;&#38; in place of && in xslt files also for those bleak times I
have to rely on a small javascript.

&amp won't work neither will &nbsp; or any of those. just get a good
ascii ref to keep the validators happy.

Helena