Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Oscar Rugama <os...@hotmail.com> on 2012/11/11 09:28:39 UTC

Errnn238 after boot calling web services

Hi

   I have been looking for a solution for the following during last two
weeks and i´am becoming almost crazy, so any help will be welcomed

   I have a Web Service with Axis2 that publish several methods. One of
this methods call two external (Internet) Web Services so for this web
services i am a client. The client for this Web Services is made with
Axis 1.4.

   I can say that all works fine but when we boot the web server (tomcat
 and i have also test in JBoss) the client for this web services don´t
work it raises

AxisFault

 faultSubcode:

 faultString: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out (errno:238)

 faultActor:

 faultNode:

 faultDetail:

        {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out (errno:238)

When trying to connect to the external Web Services. The rest of the
methods i publish in Axis2 if they don´t have to call these external web
 services, works fine.

Tomcat server 6 and jdk 1.5 (also tested with 1.6)

I´m becoming crazy because this source code works fine until a boot is
made and after that calling external web services don´t work. To make it
 work i have to undeploy mi Web Service un Axis2 an redeploy and
sometimes i also have to redeploy Axis2.

Any idea please?

Thanks in advance
Oscar

RE: AW: AW: Errnn238 after boot calling web services

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Josef and Team

I ran into the same exact error earlier this year..when I ran curl --trace LOG thru the proxy I could see that the proxy server was mangling the request Headers
I was able to locate the Proxy documentation directives to disable Header Mangling and did so
Once the headers transmitted unmangled our authentication worked correctly and our web services operated within prescribed timeouts

*gruss*
Martin

Subject: AW: AW: Errnn238 after boot calling web services
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 13:52:03 +0100

Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 09:21:12 +0100
From: josef.stadelmann@axa-winterthur.ch
To: java-user@axis.apache.org

Maybe you need this as well     -Dhttp.auth.preference=Basic

depending on the negotiating schema your proxy is using.

Josef

RE: AW: Errnn238 after boot calling web services

Posted by Oscar Rugama <os...@hotmail.com>.

Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 09:21:12 +0100

Posted by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Oscar Rugama <os...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Andreas, but i want to say that it no only fails at first Web Service
> call, after restarting Tomcat it fails forever until i undeploy and deploy
> again application. Also the properties file i know is loaded because it´s
> used to set data pool connection to Oracle and it works (if not loaded i
> can´t connect to Oracle because in this properties you can find url to
> database, user and pass)

As I said, the proxy settings are cached by Axis 1.4. They will only
be read during the first Web service call. If they are not set
correctly at that point, then subsequent calls will also fail, even if
you set the system properties later. If you restart or redeploy the
application, then the cache will be reset, which explains why the
application starts working afterwards.

> When you said 'It's better to set them once and for all in the server
> configuration', it means doing proxy authentication at tomcat server?

No, just setting the relevant system properties on the command line of
the JVM so that they don't change at runtime.

Posted by Oscar Rugama <os...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oscar Rugama <os...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Oscar

Then Its the proxy thats mangling the web-service call which prevents the connection..
can you run a quick trace thru the proxy using a utility such as curl?
If you can post the trace results from curl we'll get back to you on how to fix the proxy so Axis will work

Gracias/Obrigado
Martin Gainty
Porfavor..no altere ni interrumptir esta communicacion..Gracias

Posted by Oscar Rugama <os...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oscar Rugama <os...@hotmail.com>.

 Hi Andreas,

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oscar Rugama <os...@hotmail.com>.
I´ve also a web application which calls one of the web services that fails in the same server and when i say web services are failing, the app web that calls one of this web services works, so that why i focosing problem on Axis

Regards

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oscar Rugama <os...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.