Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/13 05:13:33 UTC

Manual Scaling Support for Stratos

Hi All,

I've implemented $subject for Kubernetes - Docker scenario.

*Implementation Details:*

Autoscaler provides an API to update a cluster monitor created for a
particular cluster, by accepting set of properties. Autoscaler API
implementation delegates such a request to relevant cluster monitor via
AbstractClusterMonitor. It's up to that particular Cluster Monitor to
decide, what properties to read and what properties it'll update.

*REST API*

curl -X PUT -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d @manual-scaling.json -k
-v -u admin:admin
https://localhost:9443/stratos/admin/subscriptions/{subscriptionAlias}/properties

Sample manual-scaling file:

{

    "property": [

            {

             "name": "KUBERNETES_REPLICAS_MIN",

             "value": "4"

            }

          ]

}

*CLI command:*

stratos> help update-subscription

Update a previously made subscription.

usage: update-subscription [cartridge-subscription-alias] [-p <resource

       path>]

 -p,--resource-path <resource path>  Update subscription properties
resource path

stratos> update-subscription myphp --resource-path
/Volumes/wso2/stratos-4.1.0/M1/manual-scaling.json

Successfully updated subscription alias: myphp

We can improve this feature further.

--
Best Regards,
Nirmal