Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Harikrishna Veeraiah <Ha...@caritor.com> on 2006/02/02 16:18:17 UTC

Re: Reloading resource properties

There is a significant difference between webserver and appserver in
picking up the resource bundle.Hope you got it

With Best Regards,
I.Hari krishna
Caritor India Private Limited.
+91- 44 - 28212878 Extn:4406,4407

user@struts.apache.org
cc

Subject
Reloading resource properties

Apologize for a second question for the day ... but I ran into a issue.

I developed a struts application on a Tomcat 5.5 engine. Whenever I
updated a resource.property, the next time I would log in, I would see
the new values. And that is how I thought it all worked. I believe it
reloaded the property automatically.

We moved the site to a production environment running SunOne Webserver
6.1  (Suns Server) and it does not appear to be updating the
properties, unless we restart the instance.

Any ideas how this should work?

Re: Reloading resource properties

Posted by Jim Reynolds <ji...@gmail.com>.
What da?

On 2/2/06, Harikrishna Veeraiah <Ha...@caritor.com> wrote:
> There is a significant difference between webserver and appserver in
> picking up the resource bundle.Hope you got it
>
> With Best Regards,
> I.Hari krishna
> Caritor India Private Limited.
> +91- 44 - 28212878 Extn:4406,4407

> user@struts.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> Reloading resource properties
>

> Apologize for a second question for the day ... but I ran into a issue.
>
> I developed a struts application on a Tomcat 5.5 engine. Whenever I
> updated a resource.property, the next time I would log in, I would see
> the new values. And that is how I thought it all worked. I believe it
> reloaded the property automatically.
>
> We moved the site to a production environment running SunOne Webserver
> 6.1  (Suns Server) and it does not appear to be updating the
> properties, unless we restart the instance.
>
> Any ideas how this should work?

Re: Reloading resource properties

Posted by br...@bitstream.net.
This may not be the issue but I recently discovered that Tomcat caches
some loaded resources but not others.

Where propsFile is the path to my file.

Cached:
InputStream fis = ClassLoader.getSystemResourceAsStream(propsFile);

Not cached:
InputStream fis = MyClass.class.getResource(propsFile).openStream();

Brady