Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by narjes saraie <na...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/18 13:47:09 UTC

plot distribution

Hi All.
I am beginner in java and have some data.I want to guess a distribution for
my data then calculate goodness of fit (gof).
I find distribution commons math and use it ,if i want plot my distribution
or CDF or probability (X>x), how do it?
is it any example for distribution and plotting it.
thanks.

Re: plot distribution

Posted by narjes saraie <na...@gmail.com>.
thanks a lot for helping me.
I was waiting for answer about 5 days,but could not find it.
I sent an email to 'user@commons.apache.org, with [math]plot  distribution
I hope to get an answer .
best regards

Re: plot distribution

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: plot distribution

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hi Narjes,

It's a good idea to prefix your subject with [math], since commons shares multiple projects.

Going to take a stab from 50,000 feet.  Use the Levenberg Marquardt optimizer to fit the distribution to the data.  You could probably use more specific optimizers for certain types of distributions. For example the Gaussian Fitter to guess the variance for normal distributions:
https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/apidocs/org/apache/commons/math3/fitting/GaussianCurveFitter.html

I would export the data to JSON (Convert with Google GSON) and use Node to plot it with d3:
http://d3js.org/
http://racingtadpole.com/blog/curve-fitting-cdf-js-d3/

Cheers,
- Ole