Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Mark A. Claassen" <MC...@ocie.net> on 2018/03/16 19:14:55 UTC

Request attributes

I recently discovered some request attributes that I was curious about.  Are these accurate across all connectors?  Or are these the defaults for using something like the NIO connector?
Specifically in my case, I am using the APR connector and openSSL.

Example:
--------

	Attribute 'org.apache.tomcat.util.net.secure_protocol_version' = 'TLSv1.2'
	Attribute 'javax.servlet.request.key_size' = '256'
	Attribute 'javax.servlet.request.cipher_suite' = 'ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384'

Thanks,

Mark Claassen
Senior Software Engineer

Donnell Systems, Inc.
130 South Main Street
Leighton Plaza Suite 375
South Bend, IN  46601
E-mail: mailto:mclaassen@ocie.net
Voice: (574)232-3784
Fax: (574)232-4014

Disclaimer:
The opinions provided herein do not necessarily state or reflect
those of Donnell Systems, Inc.(DSI). DSI makes no warranty for and
assumes no legal liability or responsibility for the posting.

Re: Request attributes

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 16/03/18 19:14, Mark A. Claassen wrote:
> I recently discovered some request attributes that I was curious about.  Are these accurate across all connectors?  Or are these the defaults for using something like the NIO connector?
> Specifically in my case, I am using the APR connector and openSSL.
>
> Example:
> --------
>
> 	Attribute 'org.apache.tomcat.util.net.secure_protocol_version' = 'TLSv1.2'
> 	Attribute 'javax.servlet.request.key_size' = '256'
> 	Attribute 'javax.servlet.request.cipher_suite' = 'ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384'

If they are present, they will be correct. They are supported by all TLS
connectors (so they should be present for all secure connections).

Mark

Re: Request attributes

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.