Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/05 12:35:40 UTC

Tapernate trouble

James,

I'm going against some problems with tapernate, i was hoping you could
enlighten me and any other user that comes across the same problem.
I'm still unable to get an application started. For the record, i tried the
tapernate-example.war and it worked fine.

First problem i had, maven dependency trouble. It seems that when i build
tapernate-example i get 39 jar files in my WEB-INF/lib directory, still, in
the war file there's only 32 jar files. This wouldn't be much of a problem
if didn't get an exception when i start my app because of a "
pull-parser-2.jar" file. I found out the if i remove it from the classpath
this exception goes away. The exception is:

org.apache.tapestry.util.xml.DocumentParseException: Unable to read
context:/WEB-INF/igif.application: validation is not supported
   location: context:/WEB-INF/igif.application
javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException: validation is not supported
org.gjt.xpp.jaxp11.SAXParserFactoryImpl.newSAXParser(
SAXParserFactoryImpl.java:100)

So, after i remove this unwanted jar i get a new exception:

org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: Unable to convert type '
org.apache.tapestry.enhance.HiveMindAutowireWorkerFactory' to a Java class,
either as is, or in package com.igif.
org.apache.hivemind.impl.ModuleImpl.findTypeInClassResolver(ModuleImpl.java
:219)
org.apache.hivemind.impl.ModuleImpl.resolveType(ModuleImpl.java:203)

This one i have no clues on how to solve.
Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance,

Hugo

Re: Tapernate trouble

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.
Right, it's working great now.

Thanks again....

RE: Tapernate trouble

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
I have also updated the dependencies in the hivemind-hibernate3 project.  It
used to include a dependency on hibernate-annotations-3.1beta9, but that
declares a dependency on hibernate-3.2.0.cr1 which doesn't do excludes for
all of the extra dependencies that dom4j includes (the pull-parser stuff).
I backed it down to depend on hibernate-annotations-3.1beta8.  This seems to

Re: Tapernate trouble

Posted by Andreas Bulling <sp...@phoenix.hadiko.de>.

Re: Tapernate trouble

Posted by Andreas Bulling <sp...@phoenix.hadiko.de>.
Hi Hugo,

if you are developing a brand new application I would suggest to just drop the
jars from the zip file into WEB-INF/lib, add some very small of hivemodule.xml
magic and it should work. At least it did for me...

Hhave a look at the thread "Tapernate-example and the former jars"
starting from Fri, 2 Jun 2006 for further information.

HTH,
  Andreas

RE: Tapernate trouble

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
The autowiring support has been factored out of the example application and
a new subproject of tapestry-javaforge called tapestry-autowire has been
created to contain the code.