Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Nick Niemeyer <nn...@riotgames.com> on 2013/06/06 22:48:16 UTC

Please explain FSNamesystemState TotalLoad

Can someone please explain what TotalLoad represents below?  Thanks for your response in advance!

Version: hadoop-0.20-namenode-0.20.2+923.197-1

Example pulled from the output of via the name node:
  # curl -i http://localhost:50070/jmx

{
    "name" : "hadoop:service=NameNode,name=FSNamesystemState",
    "modelerType" : "org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem",
    "CapacityTotal" : #,
    "CapacityUsed" : #,
    "CapacityRemaining" : #,
    "TotalLoad" : #,
    "BlocksTotal" : #,
    "FilesTotal" : #,
    "PendingReplicationBlocks" : 0,
    "UnderReplicatedBlocks" : 0,
    "ScheduledReplicationBlocks" : 0,
    "FSState" : "Operational"
  }

Thanks,
Nick

Re: Please explain FSNamesystemState TotalLoad

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.
On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Nick Niemeyer <nn...@riotgames.com>wrote:

>  Regarding TotalLoad, what would be normal operating tolerances per node
> for this metric?  When should one become concerned?  Thanks again to
> everyone participating in this community.  :)

Why do you want to be concered :) I have not seen many issues related to
high TotalLoad.

This is mainly useful in terms of understanding how many concurrent
jobs/file accesses are happening and how busy datanodes are. When you are
debugging issues where cluster slow down due to overload, or correlating a
run of big jobs, this is useful. Knowing what it represent, you would find
many other uses as well.

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.