Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jeff Smith <je...@centralscheduling.net> on 2003/03/07 21:08:36 UTC

[Q] Indirect page tiles

I have a master template that lays out my standard screen. Most of the display pages that I show are built from that template. But a bunch of the pages I show are "message"-type pages. Screens like: You have logged in successfully. Click here to continue. " or "You are not authorized to view that page. Please click here to return to the main page."

Since these message pages may include graphics and links, I have been creating individual tiles for each one, rather than just using message properties. But the problem is that I am also having to create individual wrapper pages for each, simply because I don't know how to create an indirect page.

I want to invoke MessagePage.jsp, and pass it some parameter that tells it to load message=LogonSuccessTile.jsp or UnauthorizedUserTile.jsp.

I'm pretty sure this is trivial, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Thanks,
Jefficus