Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Dr. Evil" <dr...@sidereal.kz> on 2001/11/09 09:39:14 UTC

Servlet's init() method being called twice?

I am trying to use the load-on-startup technique for getting my
database pool initialized, etc.  However, I find a very strange
behavior: Before any requests are served, these servlets are being
called not once, but twice!  At least that is what I am observing in
the log file, created by log4j.  Is log4j screwing up, or are these
servlets really being initliazed twice, or is something else
happening?

Thanks