Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com> on 2014/06/19 16:26:48 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Apache Celix as Top Level Project

Hi All,

Since entering Incubation in November 2010, the Celix podling been working
towards graduation. The community has grown, releases have been made and
new committers have been added.
Over the last couple of months all items on the checklist for graduation
have been ticked of [1].
This resulted in a, positive, vote on te dev list of Celix itself [2]. Also
the namesearch has been performed [3].
As far as we can tell the project status is up to date [4], and Celix is
ready for graduation.

After the discussion in the [DISCUSS] thread on [5], some changes were made
to the PMC list to have enough members for binding votes etc.

Now I'd like to ask the IPMC to vote for the graduation of Celix.

Please cast your vote:

[ ] +1 Graduate the Apache Celix podling from Apache Incubator as a TLP
[ ] +0 Indifferent to the graduation status of Apache Celix podling
[ ] -1 Reject graduation of Apache Celix podling from Apache Incubator
because ...

The vote will be open for 72 hours, after which I will tally and post the
results.

Thanks in advance,

Alexander Broekhuis
(PPMC member of Apache Celix)

[1]: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#checklist
[2]: http://markmail.org/thread/7y3a2l6qqm56cvud
[3]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-50
[4]: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/celix.html
[5]: http://markmail.org/thread/7udzxyd7ey2nyqsr

X. Establish the Apache Celix Project

       open-source software, for distribution at no charge to
       the public, related to a native implementation of the OSGi
       specification.

       Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Celix Project",
       Foundation; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache Celix Project be and hereby is
       related to a native implementation of the OSGi
       specification;
       and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Celix" be
       and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
       serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
       of the Apache Celix Project, and to have primary responsibility
       for management of the projects within the scope of
       responsibility of the Apache Celix Project; and be it further

       Apache Celix Project:

         * Alexander Broekhuis               <ab...@apache.org>
         * Pepijn Noltes                          <pn...@apache.org>
         * Bjoern Petri                            <bp...@apache.org>
         * Erik Jansman                         <ej...@apache.org>
         * Marcel Offermans                   <ma...@apache.org>
         * Roman Shaposhnik                 <rv...@apache.org>
         * Konstantin Boudnik                 <co...@apache.org>

       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Alexander Broekhuis
       be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Celix, to
       serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
       death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
       or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Celix PMC be and hereby is
       tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
       encourage open development and increased participation in the
       Apache Celix Project; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache Celix Project be and hereby
       Incubator Celix podling; and be it further

       Incubator Celix podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
       Project are hereafter discharged.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Celix as Top Level Project

Posted by Bjoern Petri <bj...@sundevil.de>.
+ 1 as well.

Regards,
   Bjoern

Posted by Jan Willem Janssen <ja...@luminis.eu>.

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 7:26 AM, Alexander Broekhuis
<a....@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Since entering Incubation in November 2010, the Celix podling been
> working towards graduation. The community has grown, releases have
> been made and new committers have been added. Over the last couple
> of months all items on the checklist for graduation have been
> ticked of [1]. This resulted in a, positive, vote on te dev list of
> Celix itself [2]. Also the namesearch has been performed [3]. As
> far as we can tell the project status is up to date [4], and Celix
> is ready for graduation.
>
> After the discussion in the [DISCUSS] thread on [5], some changes
> were made to the PMC list to have enough members for binding votes
> etc.
>
> Now I'd like to ask the IPMC to vote for the graduation of Celix.
>
> Please cast your vote:
>
> [ ] +1 Graduate the Apache Celix podling from Apache Incubator as a
> TLP [ ] +0 Indifferent to the graduation status of Apache Celix
> podling [ ] -1 Reject graduation of Apache Celix podling from
> Apache Incubator because ...
>
> The vote will be open for 72 hours, after which I will tally and
> post the results.

+1, go for it!

- --
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

/My world is revolving around PulseOn and Amdatu/

Luminis Technologies B.V.
J.C. Wilslaan 29
7313 HK   Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 30

http://www.luminis-technologies.com
http://www.luminis.eu

KvK (CoC) 09 16 28 93
BTW (VAT) NL8169.78.566.B.01

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Celix as Top Level Project

Posted by Till Westmann <we...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
+ 1 (binding).

Suresh

Posted by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

The required 72 hours have passed, after adding my own +1 I'd like to close
this vote with the following results:

+1 votes:
- Marcel Offermans (binding)
- Daniel Haischt
- John Ament (binding)
- Suresh Marry (binding)
- Bjoern Petri
- Till Westmann (binding)
- Erik Jansman
- Jan Willem Janssen
- Konstantin Boudnik
- Roman Shaposhnik (binding)
- Marcel Offermans (binding)
- Pepijn Noltes
- Gerrit Binnenmars
- Alan Cabrera (binding)
- Alexander Broekhuis

+0
- Henry Saputra

This gives total of 16 votes of which:
+1 (binding): 7
+1 (non-binding): 8
+1 (binding): 1

Seeing the totals, the vote has successfully passed with enough binding
positive votes one '0' vote and no negative votes.

I’ll write up the email for the board’s next meeting with the resolution.

I'd like to thank all who have voted!

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Exercising my right to Vote ^_^  :

+0 (binding)

This seems like very small but active community but from my experience
as TLP a bit more active and diverse people to be successful.

- Henry

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.eu>.
+1

I've been mentoring the project since it entered the incubator and I truly feel they have demonstrated they know "the Apache way".

Greetings, Marcel

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Celix as Top Level Project

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
+1

Dao speed! :)

Cos

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1 Binding

God speed, Celix!

Posted by Alan Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1 binding

Posted by dsh <da...@gmail.com>.
[ X ] +1 Graduate the Apache Celix podling from Apache Incubator as a TLP
[ ] +0 Indifferent to the graduation status of Apache Celix podling
[ ] -1 Reject graduation of Apache Celix podling from Apache Incubator
because ...

Cheers
Daniel

Posted by Pepijn Noltes <pe...@gmail.com>.
+1

Greetings,
Pepijn

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
<a....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Since entering Incubation in November 2010, the Celix podling been working
> towards graduation. The community has grown, releases have been made and
> new committers have been added.
> Over the last couple of months all items on the checklist for graduation
> have been ticked of [1].
> This resulted in a, positive, vote on te dev list of Celix itself [2]. Also
> the namesearch has been performed [3].
> As far as we can tell the project status is up to date [4], and Celix is
> ready for graduation.
>
> After the discussion in the [DISCUSS] thread on [5], some changes were made
> to the PMC list to have enough members for binding votes etc.
>
> Now I'd like to ask the IPMC to vote for the graduation of Celix.
>
> Please cast your vote:
>
> [ ] +1 Graduate the Apache Celix podling from Apache Incubator as a TLP
> [ ] +0 Indifferent to the graduation status of Apache Celix podling
> [ ] -1 Reject graduation of Apache Celix podling from Apache Incubator
> because ...

+1 (binding)

Thanks,
Roman.