Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Octavio Martinez Davalos <om...@cs.rmit.edu.au> on 2000/10/21 07:26:55 UTC

HELP!: "Unable to open resource /.../cocoon.properties" and have the file

Hi all

I've been trying to setup Cocoon under JRun 3.0 and I did follow the
instruction given in the JRun knowledge base. I got the unable to open
resource message pointing to my cocoon.properties file which already
exists under the specified directory. I've tried all the possibilities
without success (changing permissions, creating repository directory,
etc.)

Any help will be appreciated,

Thank you

Octavio Martinez

Re: HELP!: "Unable to open resource /.../cocoon.properties" and have the file

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.
On Sat, 21 Oct 2000, Octavio Martinez Davalos wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've been trying to setup Cocoon under JRun 3.0 and I did follow the
> instruction given in the JRun knowledge base.

I don't know about the JRun knowledge base, but did you follow the Cocoon
install docs? Have you modified your web.xml to point to your
cocoon.properties *relative to the context root*? Eg, I put cocoon.properties in WEB-INF/conf, so the path in web.xml is:
WEB-INF/conf/cocoon.properties

HTH

--Jeff