Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Wolfgang Möstl <wm...@web.de> on 2009/05/05 19:30:22 UTC

[Trinidad] Howto PPR using clientside events like onkeyup?

Hi,

I have to do a PPR page update if the user changes the content of an <tr:inputText>, resulting in changing the table data according to the inputText value (filtering the table content).
Using the inputText autosubmit feature is not sufficient as this one triggers the PPR when the inputText looses the focus.

What I need is triggering a PPR cycle each time the user changes the inputText values,
thus with each key stroke, using for example the onkeyout event.

What I came up with is letting the onkeyup event raising a hidden command button which in turn causes the PPR to happen.
Unfortunately the PPR caused tis way does not include transmit the inputText value to the server, thus the table does dot get updated accordingly.

How can I do a PPR using clientside events like onkeyup or how can I include the inputText value in a PPR raised by another control?

My code so far:

    label="Filter:"
    value="#{myBean.filter}"
    columns="25"
    required="no"
    onkeyup="document.getElementById('hiddenButton').click()" />
    text="..."
    immediate="true"
    partialSubmit="true"/>
    id="myTable"
    value="#{myBean.tableContent}"
    var="location"
    rows="15"
    partialTriggers="myHiddenButton"
    width="98%">

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Wolf
Neu: WEB.DE FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dslspecial.web.de/freedsl-surfflat/?ac= OM.AD.AD008K15039B7069a

Re: [Trinidad] Howto PPR using clientside events like onkeyup?

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.
http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/devguide/ppr.html

AW: [Trinidad] Howto PPR using clientside events like onkeyup?

Posted by "Moestl, Wolfgang" <Wo...@softwareag.com>.

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.