Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vijay Hatewar <vi...@persistent.co.in> on 2006/11/21 16:35:10 UTC

Basic commands to work with a Tomcat

Hi All ,

I am new to use of Tomcat , could anybody write me few basic commands that
can help me , for ex I need to setup  my application ,

Thanks & Regards,

 Vijay G Hatewar

|Member of Technical Staff - TQE|

|Ph: +91 .20 .3023.5331| Mobile: +91.9890678168|

DISCLAIMER
==========
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.

Re: Basic commands to work with a Tomcat

Posted by Gaurav Kushwaha <ga...@gmail.com>.
Here is a quick start guide for Tomcat. Try it out.
http://piglet.uccs.edu/~cs526/jwsdp/docs/tutorial/doc/GettingStarted.html

On 11/21/06, Vijay Hatewar <vi...@persistent.co.in> wrote:

> Hi All ,
>
> I am new to use of Tomcat , could anybody write me few basic commands that
> can help me , for ex I need to setup  my application ,
>
> Thanks & Regards,
>

> Vijay G Hatewar
>
> |Member of Technical Staff - TQE|
>
> |Ph: +91 .20 .3023.5331| Mobile: +91.9890678168|
>

> DISCLAIMER
> ==========
> the property of Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. It is intended only for the use
> of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
> Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus
> infected mails.

Gaurav Singh Kushwaha
http://www.chakpak.com

Ph: +91-9880101496
Bangalore, India.

Re: Basic commands to work with a Tomcat

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
I hope you realize this is an exceptionally vague request.  I would
highly recommend you google for some intro articles on tomcat, read the
docs at tomcat.apache.org and read the servlet spec.

There aren't really any "commands".  There's configuration in
server.xml, the web applicaton's context.xml file, and the manager
webapp -- all covered on the tomcat website.

--David