Posted to user@commons.apache.org by stanimir <st...@devbg.piranko.com> on 2009/02/07 00:08:43 UTC

serialization of GenericKeyedObjectPool for sharing sessions in clustered tomcat

Hi,

I`m having a problem with serialization of GenericKeyedObjectPool class
in commons pool,
because it doesn`t implements Serializable. I have a cluster with two
tomcats with same application and sharing
sessions between them, and when the delta request is trying to be
serialized, the exception is thrown
java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericKeyedObjectPool
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1156)

and I don`t know whether it`s a solution to make class
GenericKeyedObjectPool implements Serializable,
because after that (I think) maybe other class will throw such an
exception. And I have to implement Serializable
in all classes of spring, hibernate, apache commons... I`m confused.
If you have any ideas...

Thanks