Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by José Ferreiro <jo...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/28 16:27:27 UTC

[SOLUTION] - Is it possible to use interop (JAVA<->Microsoft) with x.509 Token profile? Response -> YES!

Dear newsgroup list,

I would like to share with you that it is possible to achieve *interoperability
*with the following combination of software for the x.509 Token profile:

*Goal: *server side fully developped using java. The secured web service
must be accessed by java or microsoft secured clients using x.509 Token
profile <http://www.oasis-open.org/specs/index.php#wssv1.0>.

*Server side*: axis 1.4, wss4j 1.5.3, java jdk1.6.0_05 (keytool), tomcat 4.1
(I used tomcat 4.1 bcse it is faster for the test purposes)
*Java client side*: axis 1.4, wss4j 1.5.3
*Microsoft client side*: dotnet framework 2.0 and Web Services Enhancements
3.0 (WSE 3.0)
*Operating System*: XP with SP2
*Development software*: Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and Eclipse Europe.

*Conversion jks to pfx *(PKCS #12): Version of OpenSSL 0.9.8g 19 Oct 2007.
This step is necessary to interoperate with the microsoft keystore.

I posted a small blog with some snapshots from my test environment:
http://magnot.blogspot.com/2008/04/secure-web-services-interoperability.html

Hope this helps!

Jose Ferreiro