Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Patrick Vansevenant <pa...@tvh.com> on 2016/11/05 21:58:15 UTC

Consuming problem with topics in ActiveMQ 5.14.1 with AMQP Qpid client.

There could only be 500 topic messages be consumed with the AMQP Qpid
client with ActiveMQ 5.14.1.

We get the following situation (subscriber info) at the moment a subscriber
connects with the Qpid client.
The Inflight value becomes -1000 what is very strange.

Pending Queue Size  | Inflight | Enqueued | Dequeued | Prefetch

0     | -1000    | 0            | 0               | 0

We get the following situation when one topic message is published.
The Inflight value increased with 2.

Pending Queue Size  | Inflight | Enqueued | Dequeued | Prefetch

0                              | -998     | 1            | 1     | 0

We get the following situation when 500 topic messages are published.
The Inflight value is now 0 and the 500 messages are consumed.
Pending Queue Size  | Inflight | Enqueued | Dequeued | Prefetch

0                              | 0        | 500           | 500          | 0

At the moment message 501 is published increases the "Pending Queue Size"
and
as the messages "Enqueued" as well. The "Dequeued" messages remains 500 and
message 501
can't be consumed by the subscriber !!!

Pending Queue Size  | Inflight | Enqueued | Dequeued | Prefetch

1                             | 0          | 501          | 500         | 0

Do somebody know what happens ?  Do I something wrong or is it a real bug ?

Patrick

--

**** DISCLAIMER ****

http://www.tvh.com/glob/en/email-disclaimer

"This message is delivered to all addressees subject to the conditions
set forth in the attached disclaimer, which is an integral part of this
message."

Re: Consuming problem with topics in ActiveMQ 5.14.1 with AMQP Qpid client.

Posted by Patrick Vansevenant <pa...@tvh.com>.
Hi Tim,

I have submitted following JIRA bug report :

Patrick

Re: Consuming problem with topics in ActiveMQ 5.14.1 with AMQP Qpid client.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Sounds like a bug (both the -1000 initial value and the fact that it
appears to be double-counting); can you submit a bug report in JIRA?