Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Danny Angus <da...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/31 12:52:42 UTC

introducing STATUS

Hi commiters,

I've checked in a STATUS file to server/trunk as an experiment.

I've added a couple of things to it, more as an example than anything else.
Incuding the results of Stefano's VOTE.

I believe that this file will help to keep us on the same wavelength
regarding what release plans we have, what votes have been held and
what decisions reached.

Please take the time to update this file with details of release dates
and numbers, and with PROPOSALSs and VOTEs called and counted, and
with high level descriptions of planned *major* enhancements.

This project will benefit from clearer visibility of decision
making and release planning, please support this initiative by
maintaining and refering to the STATUS file.

It is *not* intended that it should dupicate the role of any other
process that we have, it *is* intended to provide a high level summary
of the status and release plan for server-dev.
This means that it doesn't have to have have a lot of narrative in it,
just list the items, numbers, and dates that we have discussed and
agreed.

d.