Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by aladdin <al...@csunv.com> on 2006/11/11 15:54:30 UTC

parser can't open file

I have two identical xml files located in the following two places:

test.xml

and:

http://hosted.ap.org/lineups/STRANGEHEADS-rss_2.0.xml?SITE=RANDOM&SECTION=HOME

Note that the only difference is that the first one is a local file and the second is a network URL.  The first file, test.xml, is a copy of the contents of the network URL, i. e., their contents are identical.

Whenever I run the parser with the contents of the file, it works fine.  When I run it against the URL, I get an exception and a "Could not open file" message.

I have a two other URLs I've run it with:

http://rss.cnn.com/rss/edition
http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_space.rss

Using either of these two URLs works fine, so I don't think it is a networking issue.  In all cases,
my browser opens and displays the XML (in this case, they are all RSS files) just fine.

Any idea what's wrong, or how I can proceed to find out what's wrong, with the one URL, that won't open?

TIA

Regards,
anw