Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2002/10/23 08:10:28 UTC

project statistics and graphs

Hi Vadim and Forrest, I was scouring the mailing lists
of Forrest, Cocoon, infrastructure, general, ...
to try to find references to logfile summaries.

I want to resurrect some work that was being done
in Forrest a long time ago to summarise workgoup
stats and other metrics. Essentially getting ready
for when Luca et al add improved "chart" capabilities
to Cocoon.

So far, i have only found the reference from Vadim
snipped below. How did you get those Vadim, and are
any other stats reliably available?

--David

> Subject: Re: Forrest (a.k.a. xml.apache.org 2.0)
> To: cocoon-dev
> From: Vadim Gritsenko
> Date: 2001-12-19
>
> Looking into apache.org logs dated 30-Nov-2001:

2518571 TOTAL 100%
639719 MSIE 5.5 25.4
538746 MSIE 6+ 21.3
647472 MSIE 5+ 25.7
  25102 MSIE 4+ 0.99

202024 Mozilla/5.0 8.02
173854 Mozilla/4.7+ 6.90
  62338 Mozilla/3.0+ 2.47
  51407 Mozilla/4.5+ 2.04
   7817 Mozilla/4.0+ 0.31

170092 OTHER 6.75

PS: MSIE entries includes compatibles (e.g.: "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible;
MSIE 5.0; Windows 2000) Opera 6.0  [en]"), Mozilla entries - also (e.g.:
" Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/2.2.1; Linux)")

Regards,
Vadim

Re: project statistics and graphs

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
David Crossley wrote:

>Hi Vadim and Forrest, I was scouring the mailing lists
>of Forrest, Cocoon, infrastructure, general, ...
>to try to find references to logfile summaries.
>
>I want to resurrect some work that was being done
>in Forrest a long time ago to summarise workgoup
>stats and other metrics. Essentially getting ready
>for when Luca et al add improved "chart" capabilities
>to Cocoon.
>
>So far, i have only found the reference from Vadim
>snipped below. How did you get those Vadim,

I made them. Log files are available from the daedalus (currently: only
last 2 month), and I wrote several snippets (in shell, awk and Java) to
analyze the data. Log file for a single day takes ~500Mb, or ~60Mb in
gzipped form.

I think the main problem here is to understand what do you want to get
from the log files (what kind of info) and then find (or write) a tool
to analyze the data.

Vadim