Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Paul Lindner <pl...@hi5.com> on 2009/02/24 17:52:07 UTC

logging

right now we have a mix of apache commons-logging and
java.util.logging.  I assume we want to standardize on the latter.
Any risks with replacing the existing commons-logging calls?

If so, then what are the corresponding levels?

error --> ?
info -->  ?
warn --> ?
debug --> ?

Re: logging

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 8:52 AM, Paul Lindner <pl...@hi5.com> wrote:
> right now we have a mix of apache commons-logging and java.util.logging.  I
> assume we want to standardize on the latter.  Any risks with replacing the
> existing commons-logging calls?

Not aware of any, and I strongly support moving to java.util.

> If so, then what are the corresponding levels?
>
> error --> ?

SEVERE

> info -->  ?

INFO

> warn --> ?

WARNING

> debug --> ?

FINE

RE: OAuthDataStore vs OAuthStore

Posted by Stephen Voorhees <st...@autodesk.com>.
My understanding of these is as follows:

OAuthStore is part of gadgets and is intended to store OAuth information about Service Providers for the purposes of makeRequest.  This includes storing OAuth URls, consumer keys & secrets, etc...

OAuthDataStore is intended to support two legged OAuth for the social APIs.  It stores and manages the OAuth consumer keys and secrets generated by your container for the purposes of enabling applications to make social API calls on behalf of a user.

So, they definitely have different purposes and I think the answer is you need to implement both :-)

--Steve

[ANN] Mediated OpenSocial v4

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@shop.com>.
FYI

There's a new release of Mediated OpenSocial that is built with the
latest Shindig trunk.

http://code.google.com/p/mediated-opensocial/

Re: logging

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul,

2009/2/24 Paul Lindner <pl...@hi5.com>:
> right now we have a mix of apache commons-logging and java.util.logging.  I

We have an issue for that SHINDIG-259

> assume we want to standardize on the latter.  Any risks with replacing the

Definitely agree.
IMHO commons is better than jul but it is surely like taste and
colors, no discussion about that!

Cheers,

Vincent