Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by ObjectWiz <ob...@lycos.co.uk> on 2002/11/29 11:32:17 UTC

Test Coverage Tool

Hi folks,

I know that Maven comes with Clover (proprietary) and I heard talk of
integrating nounit (nounit.sourceforge.net) but I don't see that moving
very much. Perhaps two alternatives are:

-quilt (quilt.sourceforge.net)
-gretel (gretel.sourceforge.net) used with gretant
(gretant.sourceforge.net)

I haven't used quilt for a while but I was using gretel and it seems
pretty good. Apart from slightly annoying parameter formatting in the
reports (it always shows the fully qualified class name) it seems really
good.

What is the maven team's current thinking on code coverage tools?

Best regards,

wiz
--
ObjectWiz <ob...@lycos.co.uk>

Re: Test Coverage Tool

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 05:32, ObjectWiz wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I know that Maven comes with Clover (proprietary) and I heard talk of
> integrating nounit (nounit.sourceforge.net) but I don't see that moving
> very much. Perhaps two alternatives are:
>
> -quilt (quilt.sourceforge.net)
> -gretel (gretel.sourceforge.net) used with gretant
> (gretant.sourceforge.net)
>
> I haven't used quilt for a while but I was using gretel and it seems
> pretty good. Apart from slightly annoying parameter formatting in the
> reports (it always shows the fully qualified class name) it seems really
> good.
>
> What is the maven team's current thinking on code coverage tools?

I was hoping that quilt would one day replace clover as the standard
code coverage tool but David's been busy so the quilt plugin hasn't
found it's way into the repository.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl