Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/25 13:39:09 UTC

What's next after 5.0.0?

L.S.,

Now that we released Apache ServiceMix 5.0.0, we should start planning
for our next releases.

There already is a Camel 2.13.0 release out, so it would be good if we
could do a ServiceMix release with that new Camel version sometime
soon.  We also want to start working on a Karaf 3 based release
somewhere in the future too.

How about we ...?
- create a servicemix-5.0.x branch to do bugfixes and micro version
upgrades on the 5.0.0 release
- create a servicemix-5.1.x branch to do the upgrade to Camel 2.13.0
and get a 5.1.0 release out
- start working towards a Karaf 3 based release in trunk

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen

Re: What's next after 5.0.0?

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

In order to test our fancy new git setup, I went ahead and created two
new branches today:
- servicemix-5.0.x to work towards a 5.0.1 bug fix release
- servicemix-5.1.x to work towards a 5.1.0 release with the Camel
2.13.0 upgrade in it
- on master, I updated the version to 6.0.0-SNAPSHOT so we can start
looking at the upgrade to Karaf 3

I also created JIRA issues for all those release so we can start
getting a fix on the exact component versions that need to go into
them.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen

Re: What's next after 5.0.0?